The week of March 14th updates
This week I traveled to see some old friends in the Bay Area, California and to have a few meetings. But between plane travel and my hotel stay, I was able to get a few things knocked out this week with a little bit of help. Here are some of the major changes:
Ability to customize issue fields
You can now enable/disable which issue fields show up on the sidebar as well as drag and drop to re-order the order of the fields that are displayed.
For larger installations with a lot of data, the UI would choke while trying to sync. We've totally re-hauled the sync engine for the app. Now, we use a webworker to handle all sync tasks. We also will show a quick dialog when you first login to a new device (browser, phone, desktop) while we perform the initial sync to let you know what's going on. Usually, even large sites fully sync within less than 1 minute (most are faster in our testing).
Board UX improvements
We made a number of changes to improve the UX of the board. You now have better scroll indicators, horizontal scrolling when the board exceeds the width, minimum card widths and a better overlay for the summary filters view.
Issue card UX improvements
We made some UX improvemens to the hover card for issues. You can also now see the status on a hover card which is helpful when looking at a blocking issue on the sidebar (h/t Keegan).
I made some good progress on the new Issue Planning screen, which will replace the 2 views for Backlog and Issue for a project. This screen will also allow you to manage your project's sprints (if using Scrum) - you can create sprints, move issues between sprints and complete sprints. I'm hoping to roll this new screen out mid-week after working through some complex drag and drop issues. Here's a quick example of what it looks like for one of my test projects:
General Bug Fixes
- Improved some of the background authentication token refresh issues
- Fixed issue where empty description on new issue caused an error
- Fixed issue where the search results were empty
- Fixed issue where some non-urls in summary were identified as links
- Fixed missing some text styling (like colored fields) in summary
- Fixed issue where some changelog entries were missing (h/t Jared)
- Fixed issue when copy paste image while editing a summary would trigger an notice about editing by another user
The upcoming changes we're working on this week are:
- Finishing the new Planning view which combines Issues and Backlog and provides Sprint management
- Onboard more people from the waitlist and try and slay more user onboarding and app bugs
- Finishing our internal prototype for "My Notes" concept (we had to punt from last week)
Thank you to all our early adopters patience and feedback!